- SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium is
SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium is
Welcome to SEA LIFE…The World’s Largest Aquarium Brand
SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium is a state-of-the-art unique edutainment based aquarium, embarking on a new journey of dedicating resources and efforts to the rescue, rehabilitation and release of the iconic finless porpoise. Everything we do is about celebrating the sea and its inhabitants. By sharing the beauty of the oceans and its creatures with the millions of guests who visit us each year, we want to inspire them to join us in working to preserve our marine heritage for future generations. The all-new SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium will take you on an awe-inspiring journey through 8 amazing zones of discovery, right in the middle of the newly expanded and restored Haeundae Beach. With over 250 marine species and some 10,000 aquatic animals and fishes on display, SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium is the leading tourist attraction in the Busan-Gyungnam area. From the depths of the ocean to the mystical waters of the Amazon, SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium provides the customer with the most amazing educational and engaging aquarium experience.
SEA LIFE MISSION
- We want you to love the oceans and the creatures that live in them as much as we do.
- By sharing their beauty, we want to inspire you to help us protect them for generations to come.
Representing Korean Ocean Theme Park, SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium
SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium was acquired by (merged with) MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP (MEG) based in the UK in February 2012. By rebranding from Busan Aquarium to SEA LIFE brand in June 2014, we do more for the customer’s satisfaction to be the best Aquarium in Korea with state-of-the-art facilities. SEA LIFE Busan Aquarium is now operated in Korea by Korea Aquaria Twenty One Ltd., a subsidiary company of MEG..
We are a member of the MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP (MEG) based in the UK.
MEG is the leading name in location based, branded family entertainment and Europe and UK’s Number 1, and World number 2 visitor attraction operator. It currently owns seven resorts and 100 theme parks in more than 22 different countries, 4 continents and aim to deliver unique and memorable experiences to visitors worldwide. Many attractions are in development and 60 million visitors worldwide in 2013 visited MEG’s attractions.
Things to Do
- Take a fascinating journey from the coast to the ocean depths through 8 themed zones.
- Don’t miss the amazing 180° view from the sea bed in our ocean tunnel.
- Get up close to over 10,000 creatures including our graceful finless porpoises, majestic rays and our adorable Jackass penguins.
- Learn about our rescue, rehabilitation and release of the iconic finless porpoise.
- Find out how it feels to touch a sea star, hermit crab and other creatures living in our interactive rock pool.
- With fun talks, animal feeds and our Dive quiz trail, there’s plenty for everyone to enjoy at SEA LIFE Busan aquarium.